18 December 2006

How to find movies you would probably like

Well it's the holidays and if you're anything like me you're scrambling for last-minute gifts, preferably ones you can buy on Amazon.com.

The Movie Map is not only an excellent example of visual thinking in action, it's also a cool tool that can help you out with gift ideas (if you like to give DVDs).

Just enter any movie that you like, and the map will show you, for people who liked that movie, what other movies they liked. The search above shows movies you might like if you liked "The Matrix."

So if you have a friend and you know what movies they like, you can find other movies that they would probably like. Bingo, gift idea!

Check it out.

Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dash, there goes my illusion about having eclectic taste. I am just sooo predictable. Yes, I like the Matrix, and I like all the other films on that sample map, except three I don't actually know, and would probably like.

Unknown said...

Hee hee

Anonymous said...

it was great fun, wasn't it?